Thursday, July 10, 2008

moctezumas revenge

THEY WERE IN MY TOOTHBRUSH



well, im afraid all the mexican food has finally caught up to me. the days arent so bad, ive still been going to work, but i have not been sleeping very well, laying on the bed with a wobbly stomach. the real down side is that we have a roommate, who is nice, but a boy, and it sucks having...digestive issues in front of a member of the opposite sex who is not your husband. guess i am prudy. but it sucks in front of your husband too.


its weird having two boy roommates. its amazing how little they care about stuff, like cold water mosquito larva showers. we HAVE a boiler, which i persuaded jesh to show me how to use, but neither he nor justin bother to make the water hot. i mean, come on. id rather shower in cooked black worms than wriggly ones. thanks. its not so bad, either, ive learned that if you run the water a few minutes, most of them come out then. maybe they sink to the bottom or something.


anyways, solution to digestive issues: keep eating and doing everything ive been eating and doing. what?

3 comments:

jeannesioux said...

The year before Wes and I got married, I went to Mexico with some friends, 1 girl and 3 boys, and the mother of two of the friends. Our apartment in Mexico City had two rooms, and one shared bathroom. Sound ricocheted off of the walls. The ceilings were unusually tall. We all had montezumas and we put on a concert that night. It IS embarrassing. They called me Queenie. Thanks, guys.

Em said...

as for the food, im afraid living in a different country just does that to you. however when I had really awful experiences, they almost always stopped as soon as I started preparing my own food and buying it at a safe non-shady store. Yes, you wont have the full cultural food experience, but you also wont have the embarassing stomach problems. Also...I was always taught to NEVER buy from iffy street vendors...sad I know, especially in mexico...but that is probably where the problem is coming from. they probably rinse your food in that mosquito larvae or something... ewwww... im still grossed out by that.

libby said...

SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK. AND SICK.

I had a dream you came all the way from Mexico to visit me for a day and then you went back. You were pregnant! it was awesome. I literally do nothing all day but eat and watch tv and sit in the sun. you should try it sometime.